Notice: The MedComNet committee, considering the evolution of the COVID-19 crisis, has decided to hold the conference entirely online, with recorded presentations available on an ad-hoc YouTube channel, and a few live events. Further news and instructions will soon be announced.
Please follow these steps to submit your camera ready paper:
- Prepare your camera ready following the guidelines below.
- At least one of the paper authors needs to register for the conference. The author registration must be a full registration and cannot receive the student discount. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to two (2) papers. Click here to visit the registration page.
- Use EDAS to fill out the electronic copyright form for publication of your paper in IEEE Xplore. The copyright form can be added to your paper by logging into EDAS, opening the paper details page, and selecting the plus symbol next to “Copyright form.”
- Use PDF eXpress to check whether your paper is IEEE Xplore compliant (see instructions)
- Upload the camera ready paper obtained from PDF eXpress using EDAS. The upload link can be found next to “Final manuscript” on the paper details page in EDAS. The upload requires the payment code included in the receipt (similar to “MedCom2020-XXXXXXX”).
Please Note: Note: To be published in the MedComNet 2020 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore, at least one author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full (member or non-member) rate and the paper authors must submit a recorded presentation that will be stored on an ad-hoc YouTube channel. Further presentation instructions will be published in a few days. Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the online MedComNet 2020 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
Camera ready guidelines
All final paper submissions should be written in English and must be formatted in standard IEEE 2-column format. Full papers are limited in length to eight (8) printed pages (10-point font) including figures, tables, and references. Short papers are limited to four (4) printed pages. Papers exceeding the page limits will not be accepted by EDAS. The mandatory IEEE template in Microsoft Word and LaTeX format can be found at the IEEE templates page.
When preparing your final camera ready version, please carefully read the following checklist:
- Study the reviews and incorporate the recommended changes into the camera-ready version of your paper. Moreover, make sure you fix typos and grammar mistakes.
- Check that data in EDAS matches exactly that in the paper (title, list of authors, abstract), as this information will go in the final proceedings and will be used for indexing.
- The text in your PDF must be searchable, meaning that you should be able to copy-paste the text from any PDF viewer.
- All your fonts must be embedded (see below).
- Your document must have no headers, no footers, and no page numbers.
- Check that your page size is A4 (8.27 x 11.69 inches / 210 mm x 297 mm). To change the paper size and to properly set the margins, please use the following LaTeX commands at the beginning of the document:
- Your paper should include no hyperlinks, neither external, nor internal.
Checking for embedded fonts
You need to check that all your fonts are embedded and that they are either Type 1 or True Type.
You can check that using the
pdffonts command from the Poppler library.
pdffonts on your PDF file you should obtain something like
name type encoding emb sub uni object ID ------------------------------------ ----------------- ---------------- --- --- --- --------- WQIBAN+NimbusRomNo9L-Regu Type 1 Custom yes yes no 7 0 EYSSLI+CMSY10 Type 1 Builtin yes yes no 8 0 ZEQAZG+NimbusMonL-Regu Type 1 Custom yes yes no 9 0 QVCFWU+NimbusRomNo9L-MediItal Type 1 Custom yes yes no 10 0 RBZCGD+NimbusRomNo9L-Medi Type 1 Custom yes yes no 11 0 CCQHLF+CMR10 Type 1 Custom yes yes no 21 0 CCQHLF+CMR10 Type 1 Builtin yes yes no 27 0 YMSXYD+NimbusRomNo9L-ReguItal Type 1 Custom yes yes no 28 0 OUKLKE+CMEX10 Type 1 Builtin yes yes no 29 0 XYLMEX+CMMI10 Type 1 Builtin yes yes no 30 0The
typecolumn shows the font type while the
embcolumn indicates whether the font is embedded or not. Alternatively you can open the file with Adobe Acrobat Reader and check the “Fonts” tab under file properties.
Checking your paper with PDF eXpress
Once your paper is ready, you can prepare the version to upload on EDAS using IEEE PDF eXpress. PDF eXpress is a tool provided by IEEE that automatically checks whether the PDF meets the requirements of IEEE Xplore. To check your paper with PDF eXpress:
- Click on “New Users – Click Here” to create a new account
- Enter 49392X for Conference ID, enter your email address, and choose a password
- Click on “Submit” to create the account